This bug was fixed in the package php7.0 - 7.0.15-0ubuntu0.16.10.4

---------------
php7.0 (7.0.15-0ubuntu0.16.10.4) yakkety-security; urgency=medium

  * SECURITY REGRESSION: large mysql requests broken (LP: #1668017)
    - debian/patches/fix_74021.patch: fix fetch_array with more than
      MEDIUMBLOB in ext/mysqlnd/mysqlnd_wireprotocol.c, added tests to
      ext/mysqli/tests/bug73800.phpt, ext/mysqli/tests/bug74021.phpt.

 -- Marc Deslauriers <marc.deslauri...@ubuntu.com>  Wed, 01 Mar 2017
10:50:27 -0500

** Changed in: php7.0 (Ubuntu Yakkety)

** Changed in: php7.0 (Ubuntu Xenial)

--
You received this bug notification because you are a member of नेपाली
भाषा समायोजकहरुको समूह, which is subscribed to Xenial.

Title:
  Large mysql requests broken after security update, null character
  inserted close to 16MB boundary

Status in php7.0 package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in php7.0 source package in Xenial:
  Fix Released
Status in php7.0 source package in Yakkety:
  Fix Released

Bug description:
  SRU team: as this is a SRU and security regression, I'm hopeful we can
  bypass the 7-day waiting period, presuming @jbruijn or I can test the
  version from -proposed first.

  [Impact]

   * The prior SRU of 7.0.15 included an upstream regression to MySQL
  support with large blobs.

   * The fix has not yet been published in an upstream release, but is
  planned for 7.0.17.

  [Test Case]

  - Ubuntu 16.04
  - MariaDB Server (not tested on mysql, but I expect similar results)
  - php 7.0 (7.0.15)
  - phpMyAdmin

  Configuration:
  MariaDB: max_allowed_packet = 128M
  php: post_max_size and upload_max_filesize raised to 128M

  Import some SQL data, for instance: https://we.tl/vb37KISpUU.
  This will build you a MyISAM table with 4 columns, 3x varchar(1) and 1
longblob. The table will have one big blob in it, with 32Mbyte worth of 0x20
(space)

  Downloading the binary through phpMyAdmin on 7.0.15 will produce a
  file with a null-character inserted at (for my setup) 0xFFFFF6, the
  rest of the file is as expected.

  [Regression Potential]

   * This upload includes the upstream fix, as well as testcases for the
  same. As this is a fix to an existing regression, I do not believe
  there is any chance of regression and it should be caught by the test
  sutie.

  ---

  I'm running a web application serving rather big binary blobs from a
  MariaDB table. After the unattended update (7.0.8-0ubuntu0.16.04.3 to
  7.0.15-0ubuntu0.16.04.2), the application would routinely break while
  trying to fetch a >16Mbyte row from the database server.

  Requests resulting in a row under 16Mbyte are processed normally,
  anything above it would return columns in the wrong order, and right
  around 0xFFFFF2 a null-character (0x00) is inserted into the stream
  (when the resulting file is compared to one served with the version
  used previously)

  Rolling back to 7.0.4-7ubuntu2 immediately fixed the issue. I'm pretty
  sure the problem was introduced somewhere between 7.0.8 and 7.0.15,
  but I cant find anything relevant in the changelog for those versions.

  Please let me know what I can do to assist!