Given that is only prevents an uncommon user-error I set the older
releases to Won't Fix.

Please if you really think this is SRU worthy please get in touch and
help me preparing a matching SRU teamplate that would convince the SRU
Team.

... Tests still running but so far looking good.

** Changed in: libvirt (Ubuntu Zesty)

** Changed in: libvirt (Ubuntu Yakkety)

** Changed in: libvirt (Ubuntu Xenial)

** Changed in: libvirt (Ubuntu Trusty)

--
You received this bug notification because you are a member of नेपाली
भाषा समायोजकहरुको समूह, which is subscribed to Xenial.

Title:
  Libvirt allows specifying out-of-spec disk dev attributes it is then
  unable to handle

Status in libvirt package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Committed
Status in libvirt source package in Trusty:
  Won't Fix
Status in libvirt source package in Xenial:
  Won't Fix
Status in libvirt source package in Yakkety:
  Won't Fix
Status in libvirt source package in Zesty:
  Fix Committed

Bug description:
  While trying to add multiple disks to ubuntu guest on an ubuntu KVM, the
following error is reported.
  Error: internal error: process exited while connecting to monitor:
qemu-system-ppc64: -drive
file=/dev/sdd,format=raw,if=none,id=drive-scsi0-0-0-0,cache=none,aio=native:
Duplicate ID 'drive-scsi0-0-0-0' for drive

  It seems libvirt is using the same id for more than one disk. My
  impression is that something is wrong with the libvirt being used in
  Ubuntu 16.04.x.

  The target device parsing logic which generates the device alias has
  gone wrong as the XML used has the target dev names given in unusual
  format as vd2, vd3 where usual nomenclature is to have

  The following regex should be followed while assigning the disk name: (regex)
/^[fhv]d[a-z]+[0-9]*$/
  However, note that any trailing string of digits is simply ignored by libvirt.

  A patch has been sent upstream.

  The patch has been accepted upstream. commit 5729746.