** Changed in: linux (Ubuntu Xenial)

** Changed in: linux (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: linux (Ubuntu Yakkety)

--
You received this bug notification because you are a member of नेपाली
भाषा समायोजकहरुको समूह, which is subscribed to Xenial.

Title:
  NFSv4 open(O_CREAT|O_EXCL) creates file with bad mode

Status in linux package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in linux source package in Xenial:
  Fix Released
Status in linux source package in Yakkety:
  Incomplete

Bug description:
  After upgrading my machine to Ubuntu 16.04, I noticed that 'git clone'
  started creating files with wrong mode (0700 instead of 0644
  typically) on NFSv4 partitions mounted from our NetApp servers.

  I've first tracked this down to the fact that git uses

   open(name, O_RDWR|O_CREAT|O_EXCL, 0666);

  to create files. If O_EXCL is not present, the files are created
  normally.

  I've tried various kernels from Ubuntu and the problems appeared
  between their 4.2.0-42-generic kernel-image (as found on willy) and
  the 4.4.0 kernels found on xenial. I tried building 4.9 from
  kernel.org and the problem is also there.

  I've then bisected the kernel to figure out that this is caused by the
  following commit:

https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/commit/?id=5334c5bdac926c5f8d89729beccb46fe88eda9e7

  ie NFS: Send attributes in OPEN request for NFS4_CREATE_EXCLUSIVE4_1

  Our NetApp filers are running:

  NetApp Release 8.2.3P3 7-Mode: Tue Apr 28 14:48:22 PDT 2015