** Also affects: open-vm-tools (Ubuntu Xenial)

** Changed in: open-vm-tools (Ubuntu Xenial)
     Assignee: (unassigned) => Dimitri John Ledkov (xnox)

** Changed in: open-vm-tools (Ubuntu Xenial)

** Changed in: open-vm-tools (Ubuntu Xenial)

** Changed in: open-vm-tools (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: open-vm-tools (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: open-vm-tools (Ubuntu)
     Assignee: (unassigned) => Dimitri John Ledkov (xnox)

** No longer affects: open-vm-tools (Ubuntu Xenial)

** Also affects: open-vm-tools (Ubuntu Zesty)

--
You received this bug notification because you are a member of नेपाली
भाषा समायोजकहरुको समूह, which is subscribed to Xenial.

Title:
  missing the executive file VGAuthService for open-vm-tool-10.1.5

Status in open-vm-tools package in Ubuntu:
  Triaged
Status in open-vm-tools source package in Zesty:
  Triaged

Bug description:
  [Impact]

   * open-vm-tools has VGAuthService disabled due to non-main dependencies
   * However, during zesty cycle open-vm-tools upstream was updated to have an
option to build VGAuthService using main-only dependencies.
   * This did not make it into zesty
   * VGAuthService enabled authentication between VMWare and the guest.

  [Test Case]

   * Check that /usr/bin/VGAuthService is present in the package
   * I'm not sure how to test the VGAuthService functionality, as I do not have
VMWare setup

  [Regression Potential]

   * This is a new component that was not shipped before, and we will
  compile it with a non-default (but upstream) dependency. It may or may
  not work, even when provided, which may result in further SRUs to fix
  VGAuthService functionality.

  [Other Info]

   *
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/xml-security-c/+bug/1482777/comments/14
 - upstream commitment to move to a main-only dependency

   * Original bug report

  After install the embedded OVT 10.1.5 and reboot for Ubuntu-17.04-beta2, The
VGauth service is not running.
  I can find the bootup service file /lib/systemd/system/vgauth.service but can
not find the executive file VGAuthService in GuestOS.

  The content of file vgauth.service:
  [Unit]

  [Service]
  ExecStart=/usr/bin/VGAuthService