I have reverted the release nomination approval for this bug until
Ubuntu (e.g Foundation team, ~ubuntu-sru, ...) come up with a final
official position with regard to comment #6 from my colleague Doug.

Thanks !

** No longer affects: nagios-nrpe (Ubuntu Zesty)

** No longer affects: nagios-nrpe (Ubuntu Yakkety)

** No longer affects: nagios-nrpe (Ubuntu Xenial)

** No longer affects: nagios-nrpe (Ubuntu Trusty)

--
You received this bug notification because you are a member of नेपाली
भाषा समायोजकहरुको समूह, which is subscribed to Xenial.

Title:
  Request contained command arguments

Status in nagios-nrpe package in Ubuntu:
  New
Status in nagios-nrpe package in Debian:
  Fix Released

Bug description:
  Ubuntu 15.10 (upgraded from 12.04)

  Have tried a full purged removal of nagios-nrpe-server and reinstall
  however the "dont_blame_nrpe=1" setting in nrpe.cfg is still being
  ignored.

  /var/log/syslog reports:

  Mar  9 12:33:58 myhost nrpe[17153]: Error: Request contained command
arguments!
  Mar  9 12:33:58 myhost nrpe[17153]: Client request was invalid, bailing out...

  All checks of this box have stopped working since the upgrade and I
  would like to get to the bottom of why NRPE is not honoring my request
  to allow command arguments.