sheme_sheme, I'm reopening the remaining task since this isn't
completely fixed in Ubuntu 17.10 Alpha yet because of an autopkgtest
failure in another package.

** Changed in: webkit2gtk (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: ubuntu-gnome

** Changed in: ubuntu-gnome
    Milestone: artful => None

--
You received this bug notification because you are a member of नेपाली
भाषा समायोजकहरुको समूह, which is subscribed to Xenial.

Title:
  Cannot add a Google account using Online Accounts in Ubuntu Gnome

Status in gnome-online-accounts:
  Unknown
Status in Ubuntu GNOME:
  Fix Released
Status in WebKit:
  Fix Released
Status in webkit2gtk package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Committed
Status in webkit2gtk source package in Xenial:
  Fix Released
Status in webkit2gtk source package in Yakkety:
  Fix Released
Status in webkit2gtk source package in Zesty:
  Fix Released

Bug description:
  Impact
  -----
  Users will be unable to log in to a Google account using GNOME Online Account
which is used by default in Ubuntu GNOME and Ubuntu Budgie.

  Any other browser or service that uses webkit2gtk is similarly broken,
  such as the Epiphany browser.

  The second issue fixed here is that any user who opted in to the new
  YouTube will only get a white screen when they attempt to visit
  YouTube. The new YouTube is still opt-in now but will eventually
  become the default for everyone.

  Test Case
  ---------
  1. Install the updated webkit2gtk on Ubuntu GNOME.
  2. Restart your computer (this may be necessary because of LP: #1610944)
  3. Log in. Open Settings>Online Accounts. Remove any Google accounts already
configured. Add your Google account.
  4. Install Evolution if it's not already installed and verify that your Gmail
account loads.

  Optional, because the beta is closed to new entrants:
  5. Install epiphany-browser
  6. Open the Web app (epiphany-browser) and log in to your Google account.
  7. Visit https://www.google.com/new to make sure that your browser is set to
use the "new YouTube."
  8. If the new YouTube only shows a white screen, this part of the bug is not
fixed.

  Regression Potential
  --------------------
  The regression potential was limited by only cherry-picking the commits to
fix these 2 high-profile issues. 2.16.2 is being rolled out to most distros now.

  Other Info
  ----------
  Fixed in 17.10 Alpha "artful" by updating to 2.16.2

  Original Bug Report
  With Ubuntu Gnome 17.04 (brand new 64bit install on a Dell XPS13 laptop), I
cannot add a Google account using Online-Accounts. If I choose to add a new
Google account in Online Accounts, a window appears where I can enter my Google
email. After entering my email and pressing the Next button, a window appears
where I can enter my Google password. After entering the password and pressing
the Next button, an empty window appears and nothing else happens. I expected
this to show something useful, and actually add the Google account to my Gnome
environment.