This bug was fixed in the package nplan - 0.26

---------------
nplan (0.26) artful; urgency=medium

  * Bonding:
    - Add support for specifying a primary slave. (LP: #1709135)
  * Rebind:
    - Fix brcmfmac harder. Treat any 'brcmfmac' driver as not supporting
      rebind. (LP: #1712224)
  * Autopkgtests:
    - Add allow-stderr. Systemd now bleats about a the networkd socket still
      being around and enabled when we restart the service; but we don't need
      to care since we're /restarting/ the service to load the new config.
    - Fix the autostart package to be more sensible: we don't really care if
      networkd autostarts or not, but we need to make sure that our generator
      will run at boot, so instead check the state, but only assert it once
      we've added a config file and before checking the state of our dummy
      device.
    - Do a bit more to make sure "mix" tests which stack virtual devices are
      as reliable as possible; by setting saner defaults.

 -- Mathieu Trudel-Lapierre <cypher...@ubuntu.com>  Wed, 23 Aug 2017
19:32:33 -0400

** Changed in: nplan (Ubuntu Artful)

--
You received this bug notification because you are a member of नेपाली
भाषा समायोजकहरुको समूह, which is subscribed to Xenial.

Title:
  add bond primary parameter

Status in nplan package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in systemd package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in nplan source package in Xenial:
  Triaged
Status in systemd source package in Xenial:
  New
Status in nplan source package in Zesty:
  Triaged
Status in systemd source package in Zesty:
  Fix Released
Status in nplan source package in Artful:
  Fix Released
Status in systemd source package in Artful:
  Fix Released

Bug description:
  ifenslave/eni support a bond parameter:  bond-primary which accepts an
  interface name that can be used to tell the kernel bonding driver
  which interface it should preferred in active-backup (and other
  modes).  This config option is missing in netplan.

   % cat bond-primary.yaml
  ethernets:
    version: 2
    ethernets:
      eth0:
        match:
          driver: virtio
      ens4:
        match:
          driver: e1000
    bonds:
      bond0:
        parameters:
          mode: active-backup
          mii-monitor-interval: 100
          primary: e1000
        dhcp4: true

  % ./generate -r `pwd`/target
  Error in network definition
/home/rharper/work/git/netplan/target//etc/netplan/bond-primary.yaml line 12
column 8: unknown key primary