This bug was fixed in the package livecd-rootfs - 2.441.8

---------------
livecd-rootfs (2.441.8) zesty; urgency=medium

  [ Robert C Jennings ]
  * Install udev before calls to udevadm

 -- Steve Langasek <steve.langa...@ubuntu.com>  Wed, 13 Sep 2017
22:27:45 -0700

** Changed in: livecd-rootfs (Ubuntu Zesty)

--
You received this bug notification because you are a member of नेपाली
भाषा समायोजकहरुको समूह, which is subscribed to Xenial.

Title:
  ubuntu-cpc lacks common function to reverse setup_mountpoint

Status in livecd-rootfs package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in livecd-rootfs source package in Xenial:
  Fix Released
Status in livecd-rootfs source package in Zesty:
  Fix Released

Bug description:
  [SRU Justification]
  After the move of livefs builds to lxd containers and use of --rbind with
/dev, cloud image builds fail where setup_mountpoint was called from the common
functions.  There is no related teardown for this common function so extra
binary hooks that called setup_mountpoint were forced to duplicate the cleanup
locally which became out of sync with the setup.

  This change adds a common function called teardown_mountpoint to
  reverse the operations performed by setup_mountpoint and makes use of
  that new function.

  [Test case]
  Daily images on cloud-images.ubuntu.com are currently failing to build as a
result of this bug. The daily images are built using a private overlay on top
of the livecd-rootfs in the archive, so unfortunately we can't describe
directly a public end-to-end test case for this.

  We will verify this fix by verifying that we are able to produce daily
  cloud images again for each of the releases.

  [Regression potential]
  For xenial we should also verify this change by doing a test build of all
images against xenial-proposed to guard against any possible regressions.
  For zesty, there are no ongoing builds of any projects other than cloud
images so there is no risk of external regressions.