This bug is believed to be fixed in curtin in 17.1. If this is still a
problem for you, please make a comment and set the state back to New

Thank you.

** Changed in: curtin

--
You received this bug notification because you are a member of नेपाली
भाषा समायोजकहरुको समूह, which is subscribed to Xenial.

Title:
  documentation is out of date and sparse

Status in curtin:
  Fix Released
Status in curtin package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in curtin source package in Xenial:
  Fix Released

Bug description:
  [Impact]

   * Curtin documentation is out-of-date and sparse.

     Curtin has been updated to include detailed documentation about
     its configuration, features, function and implementation.  The
     latest configuration is now available at:

     http://curtin.readthedocs.io/en/latest/

  [Test Case]

   n/a

  [Regression Potential]

   n/a

  [Original Description]

  The only documentation I could find curtin is doc/topics/overview.rst
  in the source.  It has several problems:

   - It talks about a final_commands hook which doesn't exist AFAICS

   - It doesn't talk about the late_commands hook which definitely does
     exist

   - It refers to both TARGET_MOUNT_POINT and TARGET_MP; I suspect only
     one exists

   - It has confusing examples which I don't think work/make sense, e.g:

  | config_hook: {{TARGET_MP}}/opt/curtin/config-hook

  The documentation is also pretty sparse in many ways, it doesn't for
  example:

   - Explain that the config is YAML

   - Explain other basic things about the config, e.g. what are the keys
     for hooks?  Do the names matter?  Does ordering matter?

   - Explain why you might want to use a list versus scalar for values

   - Explain how one might use YAML features such as 'repeated notes' to
     include data in the config that's intended for files

   - Explain that you probably want to use -- with curtin in-target to
     stop options of what you're trying to run being swallowed up by
     curtin