This bug was fixed in the package nplan - 0.32~16.04.3

---------------
nplan (0.32~16.04.3) xenial; urgency=medium

  * tests/integration.py: Really fix skipping test_routes_v6 for the NM
    backend.

nplan (0.32~16.04.2) xenial; urgency=medium

  * tests/integration.py: Fix test_routes_v6 that I clobbered when I re-applied
    the skip rules for 16.04 after merging in 0.32.

nplan (0.32~16.04.1) xenial; urgency=medium

  * Backport netplan 0.32 to 16.04. (LP: #1713142)
  * debian/control: Depend on systemd (>= 229-4ubuntu20) for the PrimarySlave
    feature backported in that revision.
  * tests/integration.py: Skip tests that are still not yet supported in xenial

nplan (0.32) bionic; urgency=medium

  * src/nm.c: better handle the UUID generation; the order of iterating
    through interaces may affect things here. Also make sure the tests catch
    a null UUID.

nplan (0.31) bionic; urgency=medium

  [ Mathieu Trudel-Lapierre ]
  * src/nm.c: generate a UUID for a connection only as needed; when we're
    dealing with NM VLANs. (LP: #1712921)
  * debian/tests/autostart: Make the autostart test more verbose and avoid
    failing right from the start when systemd-networkd is disabled.
    (LP: #1699371)
  * tests/integration.py: bump the NetworkManager timeout for settling to
    120 seconds, autopkgtest infrastructure tends to be a little slow for the
    network device configuration to be applied and noticed by NM.
    (LP: #1699371)

  [ Dimitri John Ledkov ]
  * Reload udevd to invalidate configuration cache of .rules/.link files
    as generate step may have changed them. LP: #1669564

  [ Dan Streetman ]
  * Add another interface driver exception to netplan replug to prevent unbind
    of the Xen VIF interfaces. (LP: #1729573)

nplan (0.30) artful; urgency=medium

  * Add an "optional" syntax node for now to all devices. This is unimplemented
    for now, but intended to allow users to mark some devices as optional: to
    make sure they do not delay boot when configured. (LP: #1664844)

nplan (0.29) artful; urgency=medium

  * Fix autopkgtests in a world where /run/NetworkManager/conf.d already
    exists. nplan is enabled by default, so it might well have the directory
    already created on the filesystem.

nplan (0.28) artful; urgency=medium

  * Revert 56cd3eec which disabled IPv6 Router Advertisements by default. It
    broke default network config in LXD and was contrary to the defaults used
    by the kernel. Reopens LP: 1655440. (LP: #1717404)
  * Add "accept-ra:" key for all device types; this will default to OFF but
    allow users to disable processing Router Advertisements when required by
    their network setup. (LP: #1655440)

nplan (0.27) artful; urgency=medium

  [ Mathieu Trudel-Lapierre ]
  * Fix crash in systemd generator if called by an user on the command-line
  * coverage: fix exclusions to properly not cover our "never reached defaults"

  [ Dimitri John Ledkov ]
  * tests/integration.py: In teardown, stop systemd-networkd.socket.
  * src/networkd.c: Set UseMTU=true by default, whenever DHCP is in use.
    (LP: #1717471)
  * tests/integration.py: fix resolved detection.

nplan (0.26) artful; urgency=medium

  * Bonding:
    - Add support for specifying a primary slave. (LP: #1709135)
  * Rebind:
    - Fix brcmfmac harder. Treat any 'brcmfmac' driver as not supporting
      rebind. (LP: #1712224)
  * Autopkgtests:
    - Add allow-stderr. Systemd now bleats about a the networkd socket still
      being around and enabled when we restart the service; but we don't need
      to care since we're /restarting/ the service to load the new config.
    - Fix the autostart package to be more sensible: we don't really care if
      networkd autostarts or not, but we need to make sure that our generator
      will run at boot, so instead check the state, but only assert it once
      we've added a config file and before checking the state of our dummy
      device.
    - Do a bit more to make sure "mix" tests which stack virtual devices are
      as reliable as possible; by setting saner defaults.

nplan (0.25) artful; urgency=medium

  * tests/generate.py: add a test to validate that correct blacklist entries
    are added when creating virtual devices.
  * tests/integration.py: clean up after br0 in networkd's test_bridge_mac; as
    the remaining interface and udev configuration can confuse NetworkManager
    now that it seems to manage random devices it did not create again.
    (LP: #1699371)
  * src/nm.c: set the MTU even though we also specify it in systemd-networkd
    for consumption by udev. NetworkManager will try to set it and might
    otherwise default to the wrong value.
  * src/networkd.c: Set IPv6AcceptRA=no anytime we don't do DHCPv6 (or by the
    same config, SLAAC), and don't have static addresses set. This should fix
    the cases where unconfigured devices still get an IPv6 address.
    (LP: #1655440)
  * src/nm.c: Explicitly set IPv6 method=ignore when IPv6 is otherwise not
    configured; this follows the same logic as setting IPv6AcceptRA=no in
    networkd, with the exception that NM does not currently disable RAs. When
    it does, an unconfigured device for IPv6 will truly be left with no config.

nplan (0.24) artful; urgency=medium

  * debian/control: set Priority to important to make sure we can get into
    minimal.

 -- Mathieu Trudel-Lapierre <cypher...@ubuntu.com>  Mon, 04 Dec 2017
10:57:34 -0500

** Changed in: nplan (Ubuntu Xenial)

--
You received this bug notification because you are a member of नेपाली
भाषा समायोजकहरुको समूह, which is subscribed to Xenial.

Title:
  IPv6 support regresses with nplan transition

Status in nplan package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in nplan source package in Xenial:
  Fix Released
Status in nplan source package in Zesty:
  Fix Released

Bug description:
  [Impact]
  This is a bug tracking a regression in netplan 0.25 and later, fixed directly
in the development release as of netplan 0.28. This does not affect stable
releases in any way; but tracked as part of an update included in the SRU. The
regressing code never made it to stable releases.

  [Test case]
  n/a; see bug 1655440 for test plan on IPv6 "AcceptRA" feature.

  [Regression Potential]
  n/a, see bug 1655440.

  ---

  Prior to the switch to nplan, systems (in my case containers) would
  DHCP for IPv4 and let the kernel do IPv6 auto-configuration whenever a
  router advertisement comes in.

  That's the exact same behavior we see on every single other Linux
  distribution, but ever since the switch to nplan by default in Ubuntu,
  we're not getting an IPv6 address anymore when a RA reaches the
  container.

  This was spotted by a new Jenkins test we're running which ensures
  that every single image we have for LXD will start and get a working
  IPv4 (through DHCP) and IPv6 address (through RA).

  ```
  PASS: alpine-33-priv has working IPv4 and IPv6 connectivty
  PASS: alpine-33-unpriv has working IPv4 and IPv6 connectivty
  PASS: alpine-34-priv has working IPv4 and IPv6 connectivty
  PASS: alpine-34-unpriv has working IPv4 and IPv6 connectivty
  PASS: alpine-35-priv has working IPv4 and IPv6 connectivty
  PASS: alpine-35-unpriv has working IPv4 and IPv6 connectivty
  PASS: alpine-36-priv has working IPv4 and IPv6 connectivty
  PASS: alpine-36-unpriv has working IPv4 and IPv6 connectivty
  PASS: alpine-edge-priv has working IPv4 and IPv6 connectivty
  PASS: alpine-edge-unpriv has working IPv4 and IPv6 connectivty
  PASS: archlinux-priv has working IPv4 and IPv6 connectivty
  PASS: archlinux-unpriv has working IPv4 and IPv6 connectivty
  PASS: centos-6-priv has working IPv4 and IPv6 connectivty
  PASS: centos-6-unpriv has working IPv4 and IPv6 connectivty
  PASS: centos-7-priv has working IPv4 and IPv6 connectivty
  PASS: centos-7-unpriv has working IPv4 and IPv6 connectivty
  PASS: debian-buster-priv has working IPv4 and IPv6 connectivty
  PASS: debian-buster-unpriv has working IPv4 and IPv6 connectivty
  PASS: debian-jessie-priv has working IPv4 and IPv6 connectivty
  PASS: debian-jessie-unpriv has working IPv4 and IPv6 connectivty
  PASS: debian-sid-priv has working IPv4 and IPv6 connectivty
  PASS: debian-sid-unpriv has working IPv4 and IPv6 connectivty
  PASS: debian-stretch-priv has working IPv4 and IPv6 connectivty
  PASS: debian-stretch-unpriv has working IPv4 and IPv6 connectivty
  PASS: debian-wheezy-priv has working IPv4 and IPv6 connectivty
  PASS: debian-wheezy-unpriv has working IPv4 and IPv6 connectivty
  PASS: fedora-24-priv has working IPv4 and IPv6 connectivty
  PASS: fedora-24-unpriv has working IPv4 and IPv6 connectivty
  PASS: fedora-25-priv has working IPv4 and IPv6 connectivty
  PASS: fedora-25-unpriv has working IPv4 and IPv6 connectivty
  PASS: fedora-26-priv has working IPv4 and IPv6 connectivty
  PASS: fedora-26-unpriv has working IPv4 and IPv6 connectivty
  PASS: gentoo-priv has working IPv4 and IPv6 connectivty
  PASS: gentoo-unpriv has working IPv4 and IPv6 connectivty
  PASS: opensuse-422-priv has working IPv4 and IPv6 connectivty
  PASS: opensuse-422-unpriv has working IPv4 and IPv6 connectivty
  PASS: opensuse-423-priv has working IPv4 and IPv6 connectivty
  PASS: opensuse-423-unpriv has working IPv4 and IPv6 connectivty
  PASS: oracle-6-priv has working IPv4 and IPv6 connectivty
  PASS: oracle-6-unpriv has working IPv4 and IPv6 connectivty
  PASS: oracle-7-priv has working IPv4 and IPv6 connectivty
  PASS: oracle-7-unpriv has working IPv4 and IPv6 connectivty
  PASS: plamo-5x-priv has working IPv4 and IPv6 connectivty
  PASS: plamo-5x-unpriv has working IPv4 and IPv6 connectivty
  PASS: plamo-6x-priv has working IPv4 and IPv6 connectivty
  PASS: plamo-6x-unpriv has working IPv4 and IPv6 connectivty
  PASS: sabayon-priv has working IPv4 and IPv6 connectivty
  PASS: sabayon-unpriv has working IPv4 and IPv6 connectivty
  FAIL: ubuntu-artful-priv doesn't have an IPv6 address
  FAIL: ubuntu-artful-unpriv doesn't have an IPv6 address
  PASS: ubuntu-core-16-priv has working IPv4 and IPv6 connectivty
  PASS: ubuntu-core-16-unpriv has working IPv4 and IPv6 connectivty
  PASS: ubuntu-precise-priv has working IPv4 and IPv6 connectivty
  PASS: ubuntu-precise-unpriv has working IPv4 and IPv6 connectivty
  PASS: ubuntu-trusty-priv has working IPv4 and IPv6 connectivty
  PASS: ubuntu-trusty-unpriv has working IPv4 and IPv6 connectivty
  PASS: ubuntu-xenial-priv has working IPv4 and IPv6 connectivty
  PASS: ubuntu-xenial-unpriv has working IPv4 and IPv6 connectivty
  PASS: ubuntu-zesty-priv has working IPv4 and IPv6 connectivty
  PASS: ubuntu-zesty-unpriv has working IPv4 and IPv6 connectivty

  Test failed
  ```