not working .. theres showing unable to download firmware update from
** Changed in: fwupd (Ubuntu Xenial)
Status: Fix Committed => Opinion
You received this bug notification because you are a member of नेपाली
भाषा समायोजकहरुको समूह, which is subscribed to Xenial.
Matching subscriptions: Ubuntu 16.04 Bugs
Move xenial to fwupd 0.8.x branch
Status in fwupd package in Ubuntu:
Status in fwupd source package in Xenial:
* Upstream has declared that 0.7.x is EOL
- No further security updates will be performed for it.
* Many crashers were fixed in 0.8.x.
* Upstream can better maintain fwupd ecosystem wide if Ubuntu (the last ones
using 0.7.x release) move to 0.8.x or newer.
* Latest upstream release is 1.0.4 release, but moving to 0.9.x or 1.0.x is
difficult due to many dependencies not present in Ubuntu 16.04.
* Upstream spun this point release specifically for getting Ubuntu xenial on
a newer maintainable version.
- Add --version option to fwupdmgr (Richard Hughes)
- Add a delay when calling update_prepare (Mario Limonciello)
- Block owned Dell TPM updates (#339) (Mario Limonciello)
- Catch invalid Dell dock component requests (Mario Limonciello)
- Disable the dell plugin if libsmbios fails (Mario Limonciello)
- Do not re-download firmware that exists in the cache (Richard Hughes)
- Ensure the 8bitdo version is set in non-bootloader mode (Richard Hughes)
- Fix a logic error with testing for a dell system (Mario Limonciello)
- Fix compile with newer versions of GUdev (Richard Hughes)
- Fix crash with dock connected but UEFI capsule off (Mario Limonciello)
- Use new VID for 8bitdo (Richard Hughes)
* Use fwupdmgr to check for and apply a firmware update
* Use gnome-software to check for and apply a firmware update
* This is a point release of the 0.8.x release which has been deemed stable.
* Potential regressions would more likely exist in gnome-software which uses
fwupd's interfaces to perform firmware updates.
* If a regression were to occur, gnome-software may crash or not display a
firmware update anymore.
To manage notifications about this bug go to:
Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~group.of.nepali.translators
Post to : firstname.lastname@example.org
Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~group.of.nepali.translators
More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp