As mentioned before, this change has been reverted from -proposed.
** Changed in: ubuntu-drivers-common (Ubuntu Xenial)
Status: Fix Released => Triaged
You received this bug notification because you are a member of नेपाली
भाषा समायोजकहरुको समूह, which is subscribed to Xenial.
Matching subscriptions: Ubuntu 16.04 Bugs
Backport amdgpu-pro support
Status in OEM Priority Project:
Status in ubuntu-drivers-common package in Ubuntu:
Status in ubuntu-drivers-common source package in Xenial:
Status in ubuntu-drivers-common source package in Zesty:
Support for the amdgpu-pro driver has been available in Artful since May
2017. We need to backport the code to the other stable releases.
1) Enable the -proposed repository, and install the new
2) Make sure the amdgpu-pro packages are installed (if not, install
them, and restart your system).
3) Check that power saving mode is supported:
If it returns true, then it is supported by the hardware.
4) Set power saving mode:
sudo amdgpu-pro-px --mode powersaving
5) Restart your computer and check that the "Enabling power saving
mode for amdgpu-pro" line is in your /var/log/gpu-manager.log.
6) Install the mesa-utils package:
sudo apt install mesa-utils
7) Check the output of the following command (which should mention Intel):
glxinfo | grep OpenGL
Low, as the feature is disabled by default, unless users set power saving
To manage notifications about this bug go to:
Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~group.of.nepali.translators
Post to : email@example.com
Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~group.of.nepali.translators
More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp