This bug was fixed in the package ubuntu-drivers-common - 1:0.4.17.6
ubuntu-drivers-common (1:0.4.17.6) xenial-proposed; urgency=medium
- Skip test_system_modaliases_system on s390x.
Fixes FTBFS (LP: #1728547).
ubuntu-drivers-common (1:0.4.17.5) xenial-proposed; urgency=medium
[ Alberto Milone ]
- Drop the amdgpu-pro code introduced in the previous upload,
as it will be dealt with in a different upload.
[ Alex Tu ]
- Skip bbswitch, and make sure to unload the nvidia driver when
the force-dgpu-on option is enabled (LP: #1728547).
-- Alberto Milone <alberto.mil...@canonical.com> Mon, 22 Jan 2018
** Changed in: ubuntu-drivers-common (Ubuntu Xenial)
Status: Fix Committed => Fix Released
You received this bug notification because you are a member of नेपाली
भाषा समायोजकहरुको समूह, which is subscribed to Xenial.
Matching subscriptions: Ubuntu 16.04 Bugs
SRU: Add support for keeping the dGPU on in power saving mode
Status in HWE Next:
Status in OEM Priority Project:
Status in ubuntu-drivers-common package in Ubuntu:
Status in ubuntu-drivers-common source package in Xenial:
Status in ubuntu-drivers-common source package in Zesty:
Status in ubuntu-drivers-common source package in Artful:
Some systems don't play well when the dGPU is disabled. It should still be
possible to use the Intel iGPU without disabling the dGPU.
1) Enable the -proposed repository, and install the new
2) Make sure the nvidia packages are installed, and enable power saving mode:
sudo prime-select intel
3) Restart your computer and attach your /var/log/gpu-manager.log. see
if the system boots correctly. If unsure, please attach your /var/log
/gpu-manager.log and /var/log/Xorg.0.log
4) Install the mesa-utils package:
sudo apt install mesa-utils
5) Check the output of the following command (which should mention Intel):
glxinfo | grep OpenGL
Low, as the feature is disabled by default. This is only for hardware
To manage notifications about this bug go to:
Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~group.of.nepali.translators
Post to : email@example.com
Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~group.of.nepali.translators
More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp