** Also affects: makedumpfile (Ubuntu Artful)

** Also affects: makedumpfile (Ubuntu Xenial)

** Also affects: makedumpfile (Ubuntu Bionic)

** No longer affects: makedumpfile (Ubuntu Bionic)

** Changed in: makedumpfile (Ubuntu Xenial)

** Changed in: makedumpfile (Ubuntu Xenial)

** Changed in: makedumpfile (Ubuntu Artful)

** Changed in: makedumpfile (Ubuntu Artful)

--
You received this bug notification because you are a member of नेपाली
भाषा समायोजकहरुको समूह, which is subscribed to Xenial.

Title:
  kdump-tools won't load until after network is online

Status in makedumpfile package in Ubuntu:
  Confirmed
Status in makedumpfile source package in Xenial:
  Triaged
Status in makedumpfile source package in Artful:
  Triaged

Bug description:
  This, at least, causes kdump-tools to load only after some timeout. It
  could be loaded much earlier.

  kdump-tools only requires the network to be online when it's
  configured to dump to ssh or nfs, and only when dumping, not when

  We should have three services/units here:

  1) the loading service, does not require network;
  2) the dumping service, that works for local dumps, does not require network;
  3) the dumping service, that works remotely, requires network.

  Now, as per LP#1681909, maybe we should not require network-online,
  but use some other way to verify that the host where we want to dump
  is online, given a certain (configured) timeout.

  Cascardo.