Was fixed in lightdm 1.25.1

** Changed in: lightdm

** Changed in: lightdm (Ubuntu Bionic)

--
You received this bug notification because you are a member of नेपाली
भाषा समायोजकहरुको समूह, which is subscribed to Xenial.

Title:
  VNC client does not exits after logout

Status in Light Display Manager:
  Fix Released
Status in lightdm package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in lightdm source package in Trusty:
  New
Status in lightdm source package in Xenial:
  New
Status in lightdm source package in Zesty:
  New
Status in lightdm source package in Artful:
  New
Status in lightdm source package in Bionic:
  Fix Released

Bug description:
  I have setup the remote desktop using the "[VNCServer]" configuration section.
  When I log in using a VNC client and log out with the desktop panel menu,
  the VNC client(remmina) does not exits.

  I found that a VNC connection(TCP 5900) remains alive even though the Xvnc
server exits.
  I also found the cause, GSocket instance is leaking in the "src/vnc-server.c".

  static gboolean
  read_cb (GSocket *socket, GIOCondition condition, VNCServer *server)
  {
      client_socket = g_socket_accept (socket, NULL, &error);
      if (client_socket)
      {
          g_signal_emit (server, signals[NEW_CONNECTION], 0, client_socket);
      }
      return TRUE;
  }

  I think that "g_object_unref(client_socket)" should be called after
  g_signal_emit().