** Also affects: linux (Ubuntu)

** Also affects: linux (Ubuntu Xenial)

** Also affects: linux-oem (Ubuntu Xenial)

** Also affects: linux (Ubuntu Bionic)

** Also affects: linux-oem (Ubuntu Bionic)

** Also affects: linux (Ubuntu Artful)

** Also affects: linux-oem (Ubuntu Artful)

** Changed in: linux (Ubuntu Xenial)

** Changed in: linux-oem (Ubuntu Artful)

--
You received this bug notification because you are a member of नेपाली
भाषा समायोजकहरुको समूह, which is subscribed to Xenial.

Title:
  Chang the location for one of two front mics on a lenovo thinkcentre
  machine

Status in HWE Next:
  New
Status in linux package in Ubuntu:
  New
Status in linux-oem package in Ubuntu:
  New
Status in linux source package in Xenial:
  Invalid
Status in linux-oem source package in Xenial:
  New
Status in linux source package in Artful:
  New
Status in linux-oem source package in Artful:
  Invalid
Status in linux source package in Bionic:
  New
Status in linux-oem source package in Bionic:
  New

Bug description:
  [Impact]
  On one of Lenovo thinkcenter machines we have, there are two microphone jacks
  on the front panel, but only one of them can work after we plug a micrphone in
  them.

  [Fix]
  Because two microphones are located in front panels, the alsa driver will
assign
  the same jack name to them, but pulseaudio can't handle two jacks with the
same
  name.

  After applying this FIXUP, they will have different mixer name,
  then pulseaudio can handle them correctly.

  [Test Case]
  After booting up, plug micrphone into any one of the two audio jacks, the
microphone
  works very well.

  [Regression Potential]
  Very low, since this patch is specific to the thinkcenter machine with
subsystem id
  0x17aa3138.