is included since 4.15.0-11

** Changed in: linux (Ubuntu Artful)

** Changed in: linux (Ubuntu)

--
You received this bug notification because you are a member of नेपाली
भाषा समायोजकहरुको समूह, which is subscribed to Xenial.

Title:
  x86: CFL missing from early quirks

Status in linux package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in linux-oem package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid
Status in linux source package in Xenial:
  Invalid
Status in linux-oem source package in Xenial:
  Fix Released
Status in linux source package in Artful:
  Invalid
Status in linux-oem source package in Artful:
  Invalid

Bug description:
  CFL was missing from intel_early_ids[]. The PCI ID needs to be there to
  allow the memory region to be stolen, otherwise we could have RAM being
  arbitrarily overwritten if for example we keep using the UEFI framebuffer,
  depending on how BIOS has set up the e820 map.

  commit is not in 4.15 yet, needed for both bionic and linux-oem