This bug was fixed in the package secureboot-db - 1.4~ubuntu0.16.04.1

---------------
secureboot-db (1.4~ubuntu0.16.04.1) xenial; urgency=medium

  * Backport secureboot-db from cosmic to apply the August 2016 dbx updates
    from Microsoft.  LP: #1776996.

 -- Brian Murray <br...@ubuntu.com>  Fri, 19 Oct 2018 11:20:34 -0700

** Changed in: secureboot-db (Ubuntu Xenial)

** Changed in: secureboot-db (Ubuntu Bionic)

--
You received this bug notification because you are a member of नेपाली
भाषा समायोजकहरुको समूह, which is subscribed to Xenial.

Title:
  secureboot-db out of date, missing revocations from Aug 2016

Status in secureboot-db package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in secureboot-db source package in Trusty:
  Fix Released
Status in secureboot-db source package in Xenial:
  Fix Released
Status in secureboot-db source package in Bionic:
  Fix Released

Bug description:
  Impact
  ------
  A signed variable update for secureboot dbx has been published by Microsoft
to uefi.org; last updated 2016-08-11:
http://www.uefi.org/sites/default/files/resources/dbxupdate.zip

  This file has not been included in the secureboot-db package in
  Ubuntu; so users who only boot Ubuntu and not Windows will not have
  these revocations applied, meaning their firmware will trust (and
  possibly be exploitable by) whatever binaries these revoked hashes
  correspond to.

  Additionally, the attributes of the EFI variables need to be modified
  before trying to call sbkeysync so that the database update can be
  applied.

  Test Case
  ---------
  On a UEFI system with secureboot disabled do the following
  1) Check the output of 'mokutil --dbx'
  2) Update secureboot-db to the version from -proposed
  3) Check the output of 'mokutil --dbx' and verify its different from the
first run

  Additionally it should be verified that the new package installs on a
  secureboot-enabled system, in a container, on a BIOS-booted system.

  Regression Potential
  Its possible the revoked hashes are incorrect so they should be double
checked to ensure they match the Microsoft update.

  Original Description