** Changed in: partclone (Ubuntu Xenial)

** Changed in: partclone (Ubuntu)

--
You received this bug notification because you are a member of नेपाली
भाषा समायोजकहरुको समूह, which is subscribed to Xenial.

Title:
  "Not enough memory" error when trying to work with large images with
  partclone

Status in partclone package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid
Status in partclone source package in Xenial:
  New

Bug description:
  Partclone is capable of working with images that're fragmented into
  tiny bits, and then reconstructing them and cloning partitions.

  However, with extremely large disks, the version of partclone in
  Xenial has a major flaw: it wants you to have memory equal to the
  'disk size'.

  This means that it can't work properly with creating a raw image file
  from fragmented disk bits.

  This is fixed in later releases, and Bionic and up have 0.3.11 which
  includes a large number of memory improvements which gets rid of these
  'not enough memory' problems.

  This supposedly is also fixed in 0.2.89 per my looking online.

  Note that because of this bug, partclone in Xenial is unusable for
  restoring files or creating raw images from segmented images (such as
  that which Clonezilla takes) when trying to reconstruct the partition
  image.  (Because of this, I am setting "Medium" as the bug
  importance).

  Bionic and later are not affected.