Hm, this is complicated to manage in lp. Cosmic has the package "squid"
(not squid3), and is affected. Disco has "squid" but is NOT affected.

Xenial and Bionic have "squid3", and are affected.

** Changed in: squid3 (Ubuntu Cosmic)

** Changed in: squid (Ubuntu Bionic)

** Changed in: squid (Ubuntu Xenial)

** Changed in: squid (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: squid3 (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: squid3 (Ubuntu Xenial)

** Changed in: squid3 (Ubuntu Bionic)

** Changed in: squid (Ubuntu Cosmic)

--
You received this bug notification because you are a member of नेपाली
भाषा समायोजकहरुको समूह, which is subscribed to Xenial.

Title:
  squid3 helper basic_pop3_auth crashes

Status in squid package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in squid3 package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid
Status in squid source package in Xenial:
  Invalid
Status in squid3 source package in Xenial:
  Triaged
Status in squid source package in Bionic:
  Invalid
Status in squid3 source package in Bionic:
  Triaged
Status in squid source package in Cosmic:
  Triaged
Status in squid3 source package in Cosmic:
  Invalid

Bug description:
  Ubuntu Xenial
  perl is v5.22.1
  squid3 version 3.5.12-1ubuntu7.5
  Running basic_pop3_auth pop3_server gives :

  Global symbol "$server" requires explicit package name (did you forget to
declare "my $server"?) at ./basic_pop3_auth line 92.
  Global symbol "$pop" requires explicit package name (did you forget to
declare "my $pop"?) at ./basic_pop3_auth line 99.
  Global symbol "$server" requires explicit package name (did you forget to
declare "my $server"?) at ./basic_pop3_auth line 99.
  Global symbol "$pop" requires explicit package name (did you forget to
declare "my $pop"?) at ./basic_pop3_auth line 100.
  Global symbol "$pop" requires explicit package name (did you forget to
declare "my $pop"?) at ./basic_pop3_auth line 106.
  Global symbol "$pop" requires explicit package name (did you forget to
declare "my $pop"?) at ./basic_pop3_auth line 111.
  Global symbol "$pop" requires explicit package name (did you forget to
declare "my $pop"?) at ./basic_pop3_auth line 112.
  ./basic_pop3_auth had compilation errors.

  adding my before $server on line 92 and before $pop on line 99 solves
  the problem.