** Changed in: base-files (Debian)

--
You received this bug notification because you are a member of नेपाली
भाषा समायोजकहरुको समूह, which is subscribed to Xenial.

Title:
  /etc/os-release: Please specify VERSION_CODENAME

Status in base-files package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in base-files source package in Xenial:
  Fix Released
Status in base-files package in Debian:
  Fix Released

Bug description:
  [ SRU Justification ]
  UBUNTU_CODENAME was added by the snapd team, then proposed upstream in a more
generic way.  Upstream settled on VERSION_CODENAME, and we should include that
as well, in case third party (or, indeed, future versions of our own) software
decide to start looking for it.

  [ SRU Test Case ]
  Check diffs of both source package and installed os-release, make sure
nothing's changed except VERSION_CODENAME, and that the value is correct.

  [ Regression Potential ]
  Nein.

  [ Original Report ]
  The os-release specification was updated in systemd > 230 to also include a
VERSION_CODENAME parameter:
https://github.com/systemd/systemd/commit/646b997c118e261c5ececc434dd40d0dbdbac4d8

  Please replace the custom UBUNTU_CODENAME parameter by
  VERSION_CODENAME in yakkety and add VERSION_CODENAME to /etc/os-
  release to all stable releases.