** Changed in: ipmitool (Ubuntu Xenial)

--
You received this bug notification because you are a member of नेपाली
भाषा समायोजकहरुको समूह, which is subscribed to Xenial.

Title:
  impitool lacks support for ipv6 addresses

Status in MAAS:
  Invalid
Status in ipmitool package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in ipmitool source package in Xenial:
  Won't Fix
Status in ipmitool source package in Yakkety:
  Won't Fix
Status in ipmitool package in Debian:
  Fix Released

Bug description:
  # sudo ipmitool lan print
  Set in Progress         : Set Complete
  Auth Type Support       :
  Auth Type Enable        : Callback :
                          : User     :
                          : Operator :
                          : Admin    :
                          : OEM      :
  IP Address Source       : Static Address
  IP Address              : 0.0.0.0
  Subnet Mask             : 0.0.0.0
  MAC Address             : 14:58:d0:47:70:28
  SNMP Community String   :
  BMC ARP Control         : ARP Responses Enabled, Gratuitous ARP Disabled
  Default Gateway IP      : 0.0.0.0
  802.1q VLAN ID          : Disabled
  802.1q VLAN Priority    : 0
  Cipher Suite Priv Max   : Not Available
  Bad Password Threshold  : Not Available
  #

  The iLo in question is configured with a static IPv6 address (though SLAAC
made no difference), and is quite reachable:
      ssh -l lamont 2001:...::cb
      lamont@2001:...::cb's password:
      User:lamont logged-in to kearns.example.com(0.0.0.0 /
FE80::1658:D0FF:FE47:7028)
      iLO 4 Standard 2.03 at  Nov 07 2014
      Server Name:
      Server Power: On

  In fact, I can't seem to get the iLo to tell me its IPv6 address (other
  than link-local) at the ssh prompt -- only at via web ui.

  Please fix ipmitool to return the ipv6 address of the iLo, if any, in
  addition to any IPv4 address.

  lamont