Xenial has reached its end of standard support.

** Changed in: haproxy (Ubuntu Xenial)

--
You received this bug notification because you are a member of नेपाली
भाषा समायोजकहरुको समूह, which is subscribed to Xenial.

Title:
  service haproxy reload sometimes fails to pick up new TLS certificates

Status in haproxy package in Ubuntu:
  Confirmed
Status in haproxy source package in Xenial:
  Won't Fix
Status in haproxy source package in Bionic:
  Confirmed

Bug description:
  I suspect this is the same thing reported on StackOverflow:

  "I had this same issue where even after reloading the config, haproxy
  would randomly serve old certs. After looking around for many days the
  issue was that "reload" operation created a new process without
  killing the old one. Confirm this by "ps aux | grep haproxy"."

  https://stackoverflow.com/questions/46040504/haproxy-wont-recognize-
  new-certificate

  In our setup, we automate Let's Encrypt certificate renewals, and a
  fresh certificate will trigger a reload of the service. But
  occasionally this reload doesn't seem to do anything.

  Will update with details next time it happens, and hopefully confirm
  the multiple process theory.