** Also affects: grub2 (Ubuntu)

--
You received this bug notification because you are a member of नेपाली
भाषा समायोजकहरुको समूह, which is subscribed to Xenial.

Title:
  grub-install: error: efibootmgr: not found.

Status in grub2 package in Ubuntu:
  New
Status in grub2-signed package in Ubuntu:
  Confirmed
Status in grub2 source package in Xenial:
  New
Status in grub2-signed source package in Xenial:
  Confirmed
Status in grub2 source package in Bionic:
  New
Status in grub2-signed source package in Bionic:
  In Progress

Bug description:
  [Impact]
  grub-install from 2.02~beta2-36ubuntu3.32 on xenial/arm64 fails with:

  ubuntu@ubuntu:~$ sudo grub-install
  Installing for arm64-efi platform.
  grub-install: error: efibootmgr: not found.

  [Test plan]
  Make sure that it works, and we can't uninstall efibootmgr

  [Where problems could occur]
  Systems that removed grub-efi-amd64-bin (you know, non-EFI systems might do
that) get efibootmgr installed unneccessarily.

  However I believe this significantly reduces the risk of this breaking
  again in a future grub2-unsigned update and permits sharing the
  grub2-unsigned binaries across releases which is what we want.