trusty, xenial, and bionic have all reached the end of standard support
and accept security updates only via the ESM archive.  This is not a
security fix so does not fit the update policy for those series.
Marking wontfix accordingly.

** Changed in: schroot (Ubuntu Trusty)

** Changed in: schroot (Ubuntu Xenial)

** Changed in: schroot (Ubuntu Bionic)

--
You received this bug notification because you are a member of नेपाली
भाषा समायोजकहरुको समूह, which is subscribed to Xenial.

Title:
  E: 15binfmt: touch: cannot touch '<snip>/usr/libexec/qemu-
  binfmt/s390x-binfmt-P': No such file or directory

Status in schroot package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid
Status in schroot source package in Trusty:
  Won't Fix
Status in schroot source package in Xenial:
  Won't Fix
Status in schroot source package in Bionic:
  Won't Fix
Status in schroot source package in Focal:
  In Progress

Bug description:
  [SRU Justification]

  [Impact]

  Failed to setup schroot of a foreign arch.

  [Fix]

  This has been fixed in debian salsa git commit f6da297a ("schroot-
  setup: create parent directory for binfmt interpreter"), version
  1.6.10-12.

  [Test Case]

  $ mk-sbuild --arch s390x jammy

  [Where problems could occur]

  This fixes only a static setup script. Unlikely to have any other
  issue.

  [Other Info]

  Only X/T/B/F are proposed for fixing because it should have been fixed
  in Impish or later.

  ========== original bug description ==========

  Creating an sbuild chroot for a foreign arch fails on hirsute:

  $ mk-sbuild --arch s390x impish
  /usr/sbin/qemu-debootstrap
  W: qemu-debootstrap is deprecated. Please use regular debootstrap directly
  I: Running command: debootstrap --arch=s390x --variant=buildd
--components=main,restricted,universe,multiverse impish
/var/lib/schroot/chroots/impish-s390x http://ports.ubuntu.com/ubuntu-ports
  I: Target architecture can be executed
  I: Retrieving InRelease
  I: Checking Release signature
  <snip>
  I: Configuring build-essential...
  I: Configuring libc-bin...
  I: Base system installed successfully.
  E: 15binfmt: touch: cannot touch
'/var/run/schroot/mount/impish-s390x-a4aa318e-7cda-4f86-bc28-1517d689fdfc/usr/libexec/qemu-binfmt/s390x-binfmt-P':
 No such file or directory
  E: 15binfmt: touch: cannot touch
'/var/run/schroot/mount/impish-s390x-a4aa318e-7cda-4f86-bc28-1517d689fdfc/usr/libexec/qemu-binfmt/s390x-binfmt-P':
 No such file or directory
  E: impish-s390x-a4aa318e-7cda-4f86-bc28-1517d689fdfc: Chroot setup failed:
stage=setup-start

  It seems we need a bump to 1.6.10-12: