Presuming that the existing BGP community space is all we have to work
with right now, and that we're operating networks right now, so we
need something that works right now, it might be better to look at
what we can do as a level of abstraction right now.

Thinking about the data to be communicated, we're looking at verb/noun
sequences.

e.g.
Prepend once  (verb: prepend, noun: 1)
Export to Chile (verb: export, noun: Chile)
Deny All (verb: deny, noun: all)
etc.

Collect enough nouns and verbs, and it follows that you can have a
language, where the specific communities might be in a common database
(e.g. PeeringDB*), and networks can say that they support a (yet to be
specified) standard 10-15 verbs with some set of nouns.   Most
networks will not have a need for (say) "Export to Chile", but being
able to construct it in a standard way is the important part.**

Having sorted through more than a few BGP community documents from
large networks, constructing a set of operators that covers most cases
probably involves 5-10 networks.

Cheers
=Matt

* No affiliation beyond satisfied user.

**It necessarily follows that standard nouns and verbs need standard
definitions.  Not everyone means the same thing when they say
"Export."  That would likely be the subject of a different draft.