Hello Jeff,

Thank you very much for this document which present ever eloquently one of the 
issues with the current development process.

It is however not how I would propose to move forward. As a individual 
developer, I do not have an IANA code and I am not sure I could get one.

Also it changes the way features are coded and would require re-coding once the 
format is stable and or the code is defined and not simply a code change which 
is for me unwise and an overkill.

I would rather see a much simpler solution: allocate some code point for 
development and make them iBGP transitive only, (and give operators an option 
to bypass this limit on selected eBGP links if they so wish...)

As a developer I do not see myself following the  proposed approach, even if it 
is a workable solution.

Sincerely,  

Thomas

Sent from my iPad

> On 15 Nov 2016, at 04:44, Jeffrey Haas <[email protected]> wrote:
> 
>> On Sun, Nov 13, 2016 at 09:03:33PM -0800, Christopher Morrow wrote:
>> Updated the agenda to slide Sriram's talk to the end, hopefully Susan will
>> be able to do her meeting start and jump to grow for the relevant parts of
>> conversation she's interested here :)
> 
> FWIW, I'm giving a talk on a topic that grow may find interesting in IDR on 
> https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-haas-idr-extended-experimental-00
> 
> At this point, I don't think there's a need to present in grow too but the
> document absolutely has routing operations as its motivator.
> 
> -- Jeff
> 
> _______________________________________________
> GROW mailing list
> [email protected]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/grow

_______________________________________________
GROW mailing list
[email protected]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/grow

Reply via email to