On Saturday, May 23rd, 2026 at 16:36, Robert Raszuk <[email protected]> wrote:

> So I took a moment and generated those CSV files and a small markup. Of 
> course it is subject for manual review of what should be or shouldn't be sent 
> over a real inter-domain EBGP session.


Hi All,

I'd really like to see something happen around this space and I'm happy to help 
(if/where) I can.

We see all manner of essentially "internal only" attributes being sent to us 
from our eBGP peers. Sometimes our customers complain that we are sending them 
UPDATES with attributes that should not be present, and then depending on their 
BGP implementation that can be a problem for them.

I see two problems with us trying to improve this for them:

* There isn't a clear list of what we should / shouldn't accept, so if the 
working groups can come up with such a list, that could be very helpful.

* Our vendors don't support for filtering routes with specific attributes 
(because their policy language syntax today doesn't support matching on 
specific attributes). Once such a list exists and the problem definition is 
clear, then operators like us would be in a position to put the thumb screws on 
our vendors to get this supported.

I had a look through the data Robert generated, it seem like there is probably 
quite a lot that could be filtered in the DFZ.

With kind regards,
James.

Attachment: signature.asc
Description: OpenPGP digital signature

_______________________________________________
GROW mailing list -- [email protected]
To unsubscribe send an email to [email protected]

Reply via email to