Hi authors,

I have read this draft and am very grateful for your efforts. However, I have 
two questions:

1. Section 7 of the document defines the type of IANA-registered Path marking 
TLV as 5, but draft-ietf-grow-bmp-tlv-20 defines TLV type 5 as VRF/Table Name 
TLV. Are these two definitions conflicting? I think it needs to be revised.

2. Section 2 of the document says:
 "The common TLV header that can encode IANA-registered TLV or
  Enterprise-specific markings using [I-D.ietf-grow-bmp-tlv-ebit]."

 Can this common TLV header use "IANA-registered Indexed TLV Encoding" or 
"Enterprise-specific Indexed TLV encoding" as defined in 
draft-ietf-grow-bmp-tlv-20? I think this is not clear and may need 
clarification.

Thanks,
Haiyang

-----邮件原件-----
发件人: [email protected] <[email protected]>
发送时间: 2026年5月16日 7:13
收件人: [email protected]
抄送: [email protected]
主题: [GROW] I-D Action: draft-ietf-grow-bmp-path-marking-tlv-05.txt



Internet-Draft draft-ietf-grow-bmp-path-marking-tlv-05.txt is now available.
It is a work item of the Global Routing Operations (GROW) WG of the IETF.

   Title:   BMP Extension for Path Status TLV
   Authors: Camilo Cardona
            Paolo Lucente
            Pierre Francois
            Yunan Gu
            Thomas Graf
   Name:    draft-ietf-grow-bmp-path-marking-tlv-05.txt
   Pages:   17
   Dates:   2026-05-15

Abstract:

   The BGP Monitoring Protocol (BMP) provides an interface for obtaining
   BGP path information, which is conveyed through BMP Route Monitoring
   (RM) messages.  This document specifies a BMP extension to convey the
   status of a path after being processed by the BGP process.

The IETF datatracker status page for this Internet-Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-grow-bmp-path-marking-tlv/

There is also an HTMLized version available at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-grow-bmp-path-marking-tlv-05

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://author-tools.ietf.org/iddiff?url2=draft-ietf-grow-bmp-path-marking-tlv-05

Internet-Drafts are also available by rsync at:
rsync.ietf.org::internet-drafts


_______________________________________________
GROW mailing list -- [email protected]
To unsubscribe send an email to [email protected]
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
本邮件及其附件含有新华三集团的保密信息,仅限于发送给上面地址中列出的个人或群组。
禁止任何其他人以任何形式使用(包括但不限于全部或部分地泄露、复制、或散发)本邮件中的信息。
如果您错收了本邮件,请您立即电话或邮件通知发件人并删除本邮件!
This e-mail and its attachments contain confidential information from New H3C, 
which is intended only for the person or entity whose address is listed above.
Any use of the information contained herein in any way (including, but not 
limited to, total or partial disclosure, reproduction, or dissemination) by 
persons other than the intended recipient(s) is prohibited.
If you receive this e-mail in error, please notify the sender by phone or email 
immediately and delete it!
_______________________________________________
GROW mailing list -- [email protected]
To unsubscribe send an email to [email protected]

Reply via email to