Hello,

Thank you for your interest in this draft.

[[
   As an aside, according to Pangram, "100%" of the email I am replying
   to is AI-generated, it indicated: "Result: This appears to be AI text
   that has been paraphrased or rewritten."

   I don't know to what extend the Pangram service is accurate, but a
   cursory review of the posting history shows a fair number of reviews
   were sent in a short period of time, which in my mind raises some
   questions.
   https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/search/?q=from%3Asaumya.dikshit%40hpe.com
]]

In any case, I'll reply to the key point:

On Mon, Sep 28, 2026 at 07:24:11PM +0000, Dikshit, Saumya via GROW wrote:
> I have a few comments on operational safety.
> 
> 1) Section 3.1 recommends marking downgraded traffic with the LE DSCP
> at egress to the next network domain. Section 3.4 also says operators
> should not remove the DOWNGRADE community. Together, these two points
> mean that both the BGP signal and the packet treatment can continue
> beyond the first receiving network.

Yes. We consider it beneficial to propagate the signal. There is no
reason for it to stop specifically at the first AS hop.

> * It would clarify global propagation of the community does not imply
>   a globally identical traffic treatment contract.

I don't think this ever was implied.

Kind regards,

Job
_______________________________________________
GROW mailing list -- [email protected]
To unsubscribe send an email to [email protected]

Reply via email to