When working with gRPC in Python, either implementing a service or client
code, it would be great if the types of the messages being returned or
passed in were checked. That is, if my service is defined to return a type
Foo, but I construct and return a type Bar object, the code should throw an

This github issue implies that this is the intended
behavior: https://github.com/grpc/grpc/issues/3410

But in fact, I appear to be able to return any Message object without
throwing any errors.

Is this a bug? Are there differing opinions on how this should work?

Mike Bruce