I'd feel better if there was an example that did not use delimiterCharacter
(the value of the field referenced by payloadFieldName is not mutated).

Note that for streaming RPCs, we extract headers only from the first
> request message on the stream.

This seems to imply a change in the semantics for streaming RPCs, since
streaming RPCs may not have any messages. Today, we have to send the
headers immediately, without waiting for the first message. In the past
we've disallowed such things instead of changing the semantics (like with
safe).

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/grpc-io/368277cc-6a5b-4a56-95e0-3c191ae5743a%40googlegroups.com.