Also, how did you get those reconnect attempt times?

All languages should be following our standard connection backoff algorithm
<https://github.com/grpc/grpc/blob/master/doc/connection-backoff.md>. If
one's not, that would be a bug. Note that 20s is permitted as a minimum
connect time. Basically, we're willing to wait 20 seconds for DNS, TCP,
TLS, and similar to complete. If they fail though, then there may be a
delay until the next attempt.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/grpc-io/CA%2B4M1oPAgg2XRCLbkmVG5KE%3DSmaARVevxwn_gfu40HQGMqj4Sg%40mail.gmail.com.