I use https://linkerd.io/ for the proxy - it performs load balancing and
name resolution. It is HTTP/2 aware and uses authority header by default to
resolve names.

Yes, I use insecure channels and need to route certain connections only
through the proxy, so setting global http proxy will not work.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/grpc-io/446c1de1-11c6-4fef-9480-fbaec7d6fcb5%40googlegroups.com.