Headers are per stream, not per message. The whole stream is a single HTTP
round-trip. So the first thing the server sends back are response headers.
Then the response payload (which consists of zero or more messages).
Finally, you get trailers.

To include metadata for each response message, you'll have to encode that
into your RPC schema -- e.g. add a map<string,string> field to your
response message (or whatever suits your need, the less stringly-typed
likely the better). Then your server can stuff that metadata into each
response message.

----
*Josh Humphries*
jh...@bluegosling.com