For the first question, try to use 0.0.0.0:8889
at https://github.com/Rhysol/GrpcDemo/blob/master/server/main.cpp#L8

For the second question, your server handles a single rpc at a time. All
the other rpcs are waiting at the server to be picked up. Maybe that is the
reason why you see memory bloat.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/grpc-io/dc84b15b-a4f8-4062-85b5-7969b918191f%40googlegroups.com.