On Mon, Dec 4, 2017 at 6:42 AM, Robert Bielik <robert.bie...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Is there a way I can on the client side (C++ btw) check to see which
> signature of the RPC that the server implements ? I imagine that
> if I call the RPC with the wrong signature, I would get a
> grpc::StatusCode::UNIMPLEMENTED ?

Streaming uses the same basic format as non-streaming; it just has more
messages. So if I assume how this looks based on message names, this
actually looks mostly wire-compatible. The biggest problem is the return
type changed. That may be fine too, assuming your VoidMessage has no fields
like google.protobuf.Empty, and a no-fields-set Progress is semi-valid.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/grpc-io/CA%2B4M1oPpjLD2eKH9caN_0bXRd7pHx%3DOrM_-67DpH781TopLDWA%40mail.gmail.com.