The question could be asked about either protobuf or gRPC with different
answers.

The protobuf IDL that does *not* allow combining/composing services this
way. A single service can only enumerate methods. You cannot nest services
inside others.

However, gRPC does support such composition -- in a way -- by letting you
expose multiple services from a single server. In fact, you could have a
single server object that implements all of the protobuf service
interfaces. So you are effectively using an implementation language (not
protobuf) to compose the services, and then exposing all of the interfaces
from a single gRPC server.

----
*Josh Humphries*
jh...@bluegosling.com