I don't know about gRPC specifically, but since you most of the times use
Protocol Buffers to define your API, protoc-gen-docbook would be an option.
I'm personally using a C# port that I enhanced with our options of
https://code.google.com/archive/p/protoc-gen-docbook/ right now for an
older proto2 project. There seems to be an up2date version written in
GoLang called protoc-gen-doc <https://github.com/pseudomuto/protoc-gen-doc>
where you can also use a Docker container. I haven't used this one myself,
but will look into it soon for my own gRPC API documentation. Since this
also can export docbook, it looks a like good replacement while keeping my
existing PDF build-chain (using Apache FOP
<https://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/>).

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/grpc-io/2ee56bf0-974e-4026-85ea-5019fdd4352f%40googlegroups.com.