There is absolutely no way gRPC can work on Arduino in its current form,
and probably will never be. First, gRPC requires either posix network
sockets, or windows sockets. Arduino - and most other microcontrollers -
only have LWIP, and we don't have a port for this. Second, the core is
written in C++, and is moving more and more towards requiring a full STL to
work. Arduino, as with most other microcontrollers, doesn't have a
libstdc++ that would be acceptable there.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/grpc-io/CAEvr0PGd%3DnbWbJww2QaDGK2hXsneckw8ourghMG_tL75U0PqMw%40mail.gmail.com.