Howdy,

I'm trying to build some configuration distribution with gRPC for
prefab.cloud. All is working, but I could use a second opinion on whether
I'm implementing error handling correctly.
My clients would like to setup a connection and then listen forever. So far
I have found that they successfully reconnect after network blips, but when
I deploy the server my clients will hang unless I throw away the
connection. Is that expected?

My approach has been to treat all errors as semi-fatal, back off myself,
nuke the connection and start over.

I have some open source client libraries
https://github.com/prefab-cloud/prefab-cloud-ruby and
https://github.com/prefab-cloud/prefab-cloud-java

Relevant code is in
https://github.com/prefab-cloud/prefab-cloud-ruby/blob/master/lib/prefab/config_client.rb#L119-L133
https://github.com/prefab-cloud/prefab-cloud-ruby/blob/master/lib/prefab/client.rb#L91-L94

Does that seem like the right approach?

(For bonus points you can see my kinda weird "stub" cache. That felt...
weird...   but I was trying to avoid creating new stubs everywhere. Am I
being silly?)

Thanks!

-Jeff

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/grpc-io/3aed7785-c347-4e48-85a1-a6ec470f23d1%40googlegroups.com.