I find really hard to believe that Google uses XA transactions for its own
services. Take this AuditLog service
<https://github.com/googleapis/googleapis/blob/master/google/cloud/audit/audit_log.proto>

as an example which presumably is used/consumed as a middleware on their
services (due to service_name/method_name properties). Without taking into
account that probably the people in charge of an AuditLog API and Container
API are different teams which difficult the consensus on a one and only
*RPC based XA/2PC based system.

Anyone from Google can shed some light on this matter?

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/grpc-io/0b814997-9c7c-41dd-a640-d24589ddc86b%40googlegroups.com.