1L? Still, you might want to look at /proc/schedstat 600% utilization is pretty
high, especially since there may be only 4 real cores.

Also, what is the user cpu % vs system ? You might just be thrashing scheduling
all of those threads on 8 cores.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/grpc-io/1A899BB6-2FA0-49D2-AE09-D7156565D663%40earthlink.net.