It could be a wait for tcp connection.  If you are continually creating new
connections, the server will run out of file descriptors since some connections
will remain in a close wait state - so it has to wait for these to finally
close in order to make a new connection.

You might want to make sure your test is reusing connections.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/grpc-io/FFD79299-249F-47F3-88D8-3251B378B023%40earthlink.net.