There isn't support for running a PHP gRPC server (and nothing on the
roadmap either).    You might be able to convert an HTTP/2 request to an
HTTP/1.1 request and forward that to the PHP server, but I am not sure how
the server can respond with trailers.  The spec for gRPC is here:
https://github.com/grpc/grpc/blob/master/doc/PROTOCOL-HTTP2.md

You could in theory directly respond using the headers (and trailers)
described there.  You wouldn't even need the gRPC library to do it.