I'm currently Building a project to learn gRPC, and I'm running into an
issue setting up builds using continuous integration. I'm using GitLab and
my CI file can be found here
<https://gitlab.com/rdugue1/Arcade-Phito-Backend/-/blob/069be8593ae51369b76888560d93fa36c5d4f197/.gitlab-ci.yml>.

I get the following error when the *./gradlew generateProto*:

*protoc: stdout: . stderr:
/builds/<my-path>/.gradle/caches/modules-2/files-2.1/io.grpc/protoc-gen-grpc-java/1.57.2/d3f50bdc45086ae0d90f95e362fb506221940c2e/protoc-gen-grpc-java-1.57.2-linux-x86_64.exe:

program not found or is not executable  Please specify a program using
absolute path or make sure the program is available in your PATH system
variable  --grpc_out: protoc-gen-grpc: Plugin failed with status code 1.*

My project is configured to use the *protoc-gen-grpc-kotlin* compiler and
it works locally, but I am a bit lost on how to configure this in a
pipeline to build a fat JAR. I would appreciate any guidance on this.