Hello,

SSL renegotiation represents a large attack surface, and historically has
caused security issues. Because of this we just haven't seen much interest
in it's use, so it hasn't been high up on the feature list to support. We
definitely wouldn't want it to be default-on, but I don't see a problem
with letting users opt-in to using the feature if they understand the risk.

I don't think the team has the cycles right now to implement this. We
welcome PRs if you would be interested in implementing it?

Gregory