Robert Millan wrote:
On Tue, Sep 16, 2008 at 09:42:50PM +0200, Christian Franke wrote:
Some gcc versions generate a call to __enable_execute_stack() in trampolines for nested functions. This is the case for new Cygwin gcc-4.3.2.

Other GRUB2 target platforms may be affected - the following files in 'gcc-4.3.2/gcc/config' source directory contains implementations of this function for libgcc:

alpha/osf.h
darwin.h
netbsd.h

I recall this was also an issue for NetBSD indeed.  Could someone confirm it
fixes the problem there?

There was also a related discussion for Mac OS X here:
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/grub-devel/2005-12/msg00044.html

If there are no complaints, I will commit the patch on friday.

Christian