On Tue, Nov 20, 2018 at 10:59:18AM +1100, Matthew Garrett wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 19, 2018 at 1:13 AM Daniel P. Smith <dpsmith....@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > It would be great if the TPM commands that are using EFI protocol and
> > exposed to TPM command module be name spaced under efi, e.g.
> > grub_efi_tpm_log_event. As I lay in a TIS implementation, I can mimic a
> > similar set of tis name spaced functions that can be #ifdef/#else (or
> > any other mechanism GRUB maintainer's would prefer) switched between EFI
> > and TIS.
>
> I'm a little confused - if it's #ifdefed then surely there's no
> namespace collision (because only one implementation can be built at
> once)? If the goal is to allow one binary to support multiple
> implementations then that's not impossible, but it's going to require
> runtime registration of TPM callbacks rather than simply namespacing
> stuff.

I have a feeling that both UEFI and TIS TPM implementations can coexists
together even on UEFI platform. Of course, AIUI, UEFI TPM should be default
if we play with TPM 2.0. TIS implementation should be used with TPM 1.2
or if UEFI is buggy and its hooks does not work well with TPM 2.0.
Does it make sense?

Daniel