"Vladimir 'phcoder' Serbinenko" <phco...@gmail.com> writes:

> Was it tested on powerpc-based Macs? They're still useful for
> debugging and developpement despite their age

Per Daniel's message:

    The tests with powerpc32 using the OpenBIOS OF implementation seem
    to still work. I have no 32-bit Apple hardware to test on.

But generally, I don't think this is a reasonable requirement.

Not only are powerpc macs very old at this point (discontinued 2006 - 15
years ago), but there also aren't really distros that supports them
(Debian dropped them in 8, Fedora around 12, Suse in it looks like 7).
Sure, Gentoo might work - but these are by no means fast machines.

To be constructive: I submit that if users/developers want to test on
these machines that they have and use, we should incorporate their
feedback where reasonable.  But let's not hold back patches over
hypothetical concerns for a dead architecture. [1]

Be well,
--Robbie

1: I love these machines.  I grew up with them.  But they're solidly
   retro now.  And many of them have design failures that cause them to
   self-destruct, which makes them particularly difficult retro to
   manage.